Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Angst

mMmm...

I can't sleep. My eyelids simply won't shut. Did some Leo stuff tadae... Yea, I find it almost vaguely pathetic that I'm still attached to a Leo club. Its, a very high school thing. ;) But then, the more I think about... the Leo Club is an organization founded on community service. I love that notion. I've always wanted to reach out and give back, as corny as it sounds... The club provides the means to do just that, and so much more... Aye, I know most people join Leo as a social club thing, but hey whats wrong with that? Spreading the love is always good no? Ah... enough about my lil club/schtick/distraction, and back to me inamorata.


By that o'course I mean my blog. ;)

I consider myself lucky...

I have no great tragedies that scar my life. At least none by the worlds standards. I've had my tiny share of nicks and bruises, but who hasn't? I suck it up and move on. I won't bleed to death from a scraped knee.

I have never had to breathe past a loved ones final moments.

I've never had to see my home be swept away, or crumble to swirls of white dust in the face of flood or fire.

I've never known the stabs of true hunger, nor the burning to true thirst.

I have never haunted the city streets simply because I had no place to belong.

I have never been wet after the rain because I had no means to dry off.

I have never faced a world without a mother gentle hand and a fathers wide smile.

Yet, I find myself constantly courting melancholy, though I know it makes no sense.

I know this will sound moronic but, I've been thinking that maybe to be truly human; to be complete, we actually need strife. We need hardship, so that we may discover joy in simply living.

Take this quote

'Cancer is the best thing thats ever happened to me,' Lance Armstrong; six time tour-de-france champion.

Think about it...

When does food tastes its best? After a week of grande buffets, or one of faithful abstinence?

Paved roads are only a joy after one has walked through the thick of the wilderness.

I wonder, would we truly grasp heaven if we never traversed our earth?

So these days I find myself strangely welcoming lifes trials and tests. I greet them warmly so that when I conquer them I may discover bliss in the plainest of things.

What would colour be to the blind?

Or a music to the deaf?

Magic...

It would be magic.

G'nite

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

halo..

just something me wanted to share. hope u don't mind...

"How Big Is Your Cross?"

The young man was at the end of his rope. Seeing no way out,
he dropped to his knees in prayer.
"Lord, I can't go on," he said. "I have too heavy a cross to bear."

The Lord replied,
"My son, if you can't bear its weight, just place your cross inside this room.
Then, open that other door and pick out any cross you wish."
The man was filled with relief.
"Thank you Lord," he sighed, and he did as he was told.
Upon entering the other door, he saw many crosses,
some so large the tops were not visible.
Then, he spotted a tiny cross leaning against a far wall.
"I'd like that one, Lord," he whispered.
And the Lord replied, "My son, that is the cross you just brought in."

When life's problems seem overwhelming,
it helps to look around and see what other people are coping with.
You may consider yourself far more fortunate than you imagined.
YOUR CROSS--Whatever your cross, whatever your pain.
There will always be sunshine after the rain.
Perhaps you may stumble, perhaps even fall, but...
God is always there.

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » » »